NASC is looking for a Senior Level A&P Technician to join our exciting fast paced Unmanned Aerial System special Projects Division.
- Works under general supervision providing technical support for the mechanical installation, troubleshooting and inspection on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Interfaces with engineering, manufacturing, and other disciplines of UAV operators to integrate current and new designs aspects of three airframe production platforms.
- Removes and replaces airframe components as needed including aileron servos, flap servos, brake servos, landing gear servos, throttle servos and avionics components requiring long periods of standing, walking, and bending.
- Daily tasks may vary in complexity. Examples would be completing major airframe modification to assembling small essential component assemblies.
- Incorporates any approved configuration changes and other modifications into all aircraft as needed per company approved documentation.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing documents to assist in integrating all components into airframes.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Inspects airframe, power plant, and propeller components at regular intervals as per company-approved procedures.
- Certifies work instructions and aircraft records that aircraft or aircraft components are in a condition safe for flight.
- Repairs fuel and oil leaks or engine problems as needed and removes and replaces airframe components as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems using engineering and manufacturing documentation.
- Assists engineering in the testing, maintenance and operation of aircraft or ground support equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 5 years’ experience preferred.
- Familiar performing sheet metal and composite work/repairs.
- Prior aircraft manufacturing a plus
- Familiar with AS9100 Aerospace Quality Management System a plus.
- Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignments.
- Accurately complete all required maintenance records.
- Present a clean and neat work area and maintain tool control.
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant license.
- Certified UAV Technician / Certified UAV Mechanic.
- Experience as an UAS engine mechanic (military or civilian).
- Familiar with FAA maintenance or manufacturing standards a plus.
- Experience with CAD software: SOLIDWORKS.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and the flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
- High-energy, self-starter.
- Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required.
- Familiar with Microsoft suite programs.
- High School diploma or equivalent AND completion of an accredited electronics training program OR equivalent U.S. Military training.
As a Government Contractor, all NASC employees must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022. Employees that are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for an exemption.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.